New Bradley Series Starting! January 9th!
Just wanted to write a quick word that there is availability for my next Bradley class staring Sunday, January 9th, 2:30-5:30 pm, right off of the A train in Inwood (near 207 & Broadway). The series will include a binder of handouts we create together, Susan McCutcheon's "Natural Birth the Bradley Way" and access to my ever growing library. It will run consecutive Sundays, and make-ups are included.
What is Bradley? We cover:
* Nutrition, Exercises / Positions, and Relaxation
* Anatomy & Physiology of Birth
* Father / Coaches Role: Obstacles, Challenges, & Techniques
* First and Second Stage Labor Techniques:
Labor Rehearsals / Coaching Keys & Tools
* Planning Your Birth
* Variations & Complications, including Cesarean Birth
* Postpartum Preparation (for mom and family)
* Immediate Post-Birth Discussion (includes newborn procedures,
cord clamping, skin-to-skin, and breastfeeding)
My course also includes a session on Breastfeeding Basics and a Babywearing Introduction, including holds, colic tips, and early sleep tips.
I encourage couples to come just to meet me and learn more about the Bradley classes in the first session, before making a commitment.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Here’s to Happy Birth-days!
Gillian Foreman, mom to 22 month old Jude
Birth & Postpartum Doula